Why do I link?

Friday, June 22, 2012

You'll Have the Best Sleep Ever

Do you think you're going to sleep well tonight?

No...Then you probably won't....
Yes...Then you probably will....

It's relevant, what you are anticipating regarding the quality of sleep you're about to embark on.

I understand that a large number of people don't agree with the concept that the things they anticipate happening are more than likely the results they will end up getting. It applies to sleep as well. 

99% of the time, I sleep extremely well. I'm not bragging. All I'm saying is that I know I'm going to have a good sleep, and I don't think that it's because I'm more capable than anyone else of sleeping well, or that it's completely a genetic thing.

I think it's largely to do with the fact that I go to bed in full anticipation that tonight's gonna be a good good night, Yes, that was a Black Eyed Peas song reference (because it's a great song!!)

I don't suffer Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), but I do know that if I eat too much sugar throughout the day, my legs will not want to go to sleep, and they will jerk around in bed. I think RLS might actually be related to sugar consumption, and/or a person's inability to properly process sugars, despite what I've read about the neurological disorder.

There are loads of reasons why people don't sleep well, and I'm not about to presume that I am aware of even the smallest percentage of those reasons. I'm not really concerned with the very valid reasons we all have for why we don't have what we want. What I'm interested in are the solutions.

Tonight's gonna be a damn good night for you, and if it's not then that doesn't mean it won't be damn good tomorrow night. If you're thinking over and over again until it happens, "man, I'm gonna have a good sleep tonight," then you're going to eventually get the results you're looking for.

I'm not saying that thinking is the only thing that will change things. But thinking is just the beginning step to changing things. I will imagine now that you are sleeping well.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments :)