Why do I link?

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Inactivity and Illness

Hello,

I came to a realization today that when our minds are focused on the next action steps which will bring us closer to accomplishing our goals, our bodies are going to be uncomfortable if we are not taking those actions.

I was laying down with my son, enjoying a moment with him before a rest, and then I thought about the next thing I could do to build my business. As I lay there contemplating the vision, my body wanted to take flight and DO something about it. But I stopped my body: I continued to lay down so that I could enjoy a longer moment with my son. That's when I noticed it- the sensation of discomfort in the core of my abdomen.

My body was ready to get up and take action because my mind had visualized what my body was going to do next. Because I stopped my body from doing the action that I had prepared for, my body became irritable.

This makes me wonder: can malady of the body stem from a disconnect between the dreams of the mind and the willingness to allow the body to take action? That makes sense to me. What do you think?

If you like these posts, and want to know when they're up, please feel free to 'like' my facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments :)