Why do I link?

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Crazy in You

Hello Team Blog Readers!

I'm relishing this last evening before I start school again for the summer semester. I cannot complain about school. It's an opportunity, really, that I even get to be there. I think anyone who's in a position to go to school should be grateful, which I definitely am...Grateful. Although, I LOVE the time when I can do whatever inspires me in the moment, and being a student can be limiting to creativity at the best of times.

I think I'm going to do school differently for the next couple of years. I think what I will do is only do school in a really applied way. For example, I'll do all my assignments, but I will do them in a way that I can use the assignment as a blog post as well, or make it into a teaching tool, or something like that. Otherwise, assignments kind of feel like a waste of time and energy. They get thrown in the virtual trash at the end of the term if nothing else is done with them.

Also, I've decided today that I am going to revolutionize the public school system. Epiphany- I think so!
As Jack Kerouac always said (or said at least once because there's a quote about it),

"the people who are crazy enough
to think they can change the world
are the ones who do."

I think that's a really good quote. When I was a kid, I got a lot of raised eyebrows from people who thought I was just a big nut bar for having larger than life ideas. There were even two girls in particular who used to make fun of me for being crazy.

Now I see though, that it takes "crazy" ideas to reinvent what isn't working. If no one is going to do anything differently, then nothing different happens, right? Therefor, kudos to the CRAZY in YOU:)

If you like these posts, and want to know when they're up, please feel free to 'like' my facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments :)