Why do I link?

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Affirmations for a Successful Afternoon

It feels easy for me, right now, to write a series of affirmations for a successful afternoon because I had quite a productive morning. I didn't feel rushed by my own sense of frantic-ness (this time), and I got a lot done. 


Somehow, getting things done is what allows for a feeling of success; accomplishing tasks in the pursuit of a goal allows for the feelings of moving forward in one's life.


My goal this morning was to get the house clean so that a friend can come for a visit and I can be comfortable having them over because I know the house is in visit-worthy condition. It sounds like a simple goal for a simple mind, but the fact is that I had a goal and I was working toward it.


When we have a goal and then do nothing to move toward it...You get the point, I think.


Is there one thing you can do today that will move you toward your ideal life? I don't mean that today you should quit the job you hate. What I mean is that there's probably something in your mind that you want to do in life, and you're doing absolutely nothing about it except feeling discouraged, defeated, or incapable due to the BIGness of the goal. We all have something. What is yours?


The idea is that each small step you take to move yourself toward your goal will be enough to get you to your goal.


Everyone is trying to accomplish something big,
not realizing that life is made up of little things” 
 Frank A. Clark


Today's Success Affirmations affirm this theme of small actions moving you toward your goal. This post is dedicated to YOU of course!


It doesn't matter if I accomplished anything yet today, I know I can do something today that will move me in the direction of my ideal life.
I am feeling pretty good about life. 
I'm getting clear on what I want and where I want to be.
There are things I want to change, but I also know that what I'm going through right now will help me in the future.
I'm Damn Good-Looking.
I choose little actions to take every day that make my life more enjoyable and healthy.
My actions are productive and are leading me in the direction I choose.
When I have a setback, I remember that I can choose my next action to take me to where I want to be.
I am the only person who gets to choose my feelings about today.
I see the beauty in the small things in my life.
Today I will do one thing that will make my goal happen sooner than it would have had I chose to do nothing.
Tomorrow I will remember to do another small thing, and it will be enjoyable to pursue my dreams.
I can remember to take steps toward my goals because my goals are important.
MY GOALS ARE IMPORTANT


I can do this.
You can do this.
It's not easy or hard- it's just new, and we can do it.


If you like these posts, and want to know when they're up, please feel free to 'like' my facebook Page















No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments :)